Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 19 - Old friends and Cock Cheese.

Some days I'd love to be so wise and philosophical. To write words of such meaning, emotion, intelligence and social power, they help people change.

Some days I'd love to write with such poetry and power, to chart what I'm doing to move towards a healthy, spiritual place.

Unfortunately that's not today. Instead I'm going to talk about cheese.

I read so many amazing blogs about weighty subjects like mental illness, addiction, personal development, psychology, healthy living, meditation, prayer, yoga and wellness I think, 'Fuck is mine doing anything towards this at all?

What happens when I have days when I'm not doing much to move towards 'a new me'? Days like today?

Well in truth, all I have to do is tell the truth. It's Sunday night. I've been out all day, I have the Sunday papers to read and my nuts to flick. I can't think of anything exceptionally insightful to say, so here are the headlines;

  • Woke up late
  • Meditated - mind was busier than Leicester Square. Hard
  • Stretched - Back hurts. Boo
  • Made GF cup of tea in bed - bound to get a blozzer later now, good investment
  • 30 minute home workout - body weight stuff. I liked.
  • Thought of 12 different excuses to get out of a birthday reunion lunch with old friends - Why does my ego try to talk me out of things. It wants to isolate - shut up ego!
  • Wonder why I spend so much time trying to get out of things
  • Go to said birthday reunion lunch
  • See old friends - have great afternoon.
  • Eat body weight in cheese
  • Eat body weight in meat
  • Eat girlfriends body weight in cheese
  • Appreciate having terrific friends
  • Come home
  • Write
  • Read papers
  • Await reward for bringing GF cup of tea earlier

That's all I've got today people. Nothing dramatic.

What I learnt. My ego will try hard to make me not go to things I've agreed to go. It's hard work to actually get out of the door to go to stuff. Once I'm there I'm fine and enjoy myself but Christ, ego can you stop making doing the simple things in life so exceptionally hard and draining? Moral - don't listen to it and go and be with people. People are fun.

Another thing. Buy something quality you haven't eaten for years. Today for me it was the cheese. Such a pleasure to eat something so delicious, expensive and quality. I wholeheartedly recommend it. I've even nicked some Somerset Stilton from my friends house and will place it under my foreskin later as a surprise for my girlfriend. 'Tada....Cock cheese!'

I know. I'm wrong. I may be single tomorrow

have a good week all. Remember we're all in this together

Together we are stronger

Nicholas Evans




No comments:

Post a Comment