Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 259 - Fri 28th September - Dentists, Benefit Cheats and Monkey Mind

It's Friday and It's been an exhausting week. I've worked one day so I'm really looking forward to the weekend to relax and unwind.

Long Run

Ran 5 miles along the River (beautiful) to Barnes for cuppa with a friend. Had a power juice (Ginger and Celery - healthy) followed by 3 cuppas and 4 camel lights. I then ran the 5miles back. Pretty sure you won't see that kind of mid run preparation in any training manuals or in Mo Farah's programme. I marvel at my stupidity sometimes.

Benefit Cheat

I think they are scroungers. A drain on resources and should be forced to work anywhere. 11am, opened a letter from the council saying they will assist with my rent until i find full time employment. Well i guess They're not that bad.

Dentist

It's been 4 years since I've been. My teeth hurt and i went with trepidation that i would need some serious work done. I hate dentists. It's the noise of the drill stuck in my head as a kid. Leaving a life long fear, though i do like the pink mouthwash.

I was examined, x rays taken and prodded so it hurt more. Turns out i only need 2 fillings and a new mouth guard (i grind my teeth at night like a rabid dog probably from all those years gurning on E's and speed). My teeth have been chipped and enamel broken off basically because of smoking, diet coke and intermittent bulimia in the past. All my responsibility.

Dentist said the teeth were fundamentally OK so i was chuffed. I celebrated by sparking up a cig and swigging a diet coke. Another partial success.

Why do i wait until I'm battered or something seriously wrong, or my backs against the wall until i change my bad habits? It's so absolutely stupid and i marvelled again at my twattishness.

Monkey Mind

That bastard negative Monkey was making an appearance in my brain again tonight. Told it to fuck off but it's a persistent little fucker. Anyone shed some useful tips on how to get rid of it? I've tried everything - here is a list. Some of them work some of them don't. Which one do you try?

Past Attempts
  • Kronenbourg (temporary success long term failure - leads to man tits)
  • Vodka (as above usually leads to arrests)
  • Weed (failure leads to strong paranoia and temporary psychosis)
  • Class A Drugs (Temp success believing you are the dogs bollocks long term failure believing you are a dog)
  • Food binging - Failure leads to obesity and dodgy teeth
  • Spending - Failure leads to car boot sales
  • Sex- Temporary success long term failure tends to lead to the F Club
  • Women - See above
  • Endurance sports - medium success ultimate failure leads to large collection of Lycra and medals
  • Water sports - See sex above
  • DVD boxsets - Failure leads to late nights
  • Therapy - Failure £70 an hour to talk about me? Sod that
Recent Attempts
  • Praying - Oh god really? How dull, I'd rather eat muffins but it works
  • Meetings - as above
  • Writing it down - Involves that horrible thing called 'effort'. works
  • Talking to it - can lead to insanity but helps sometimes
  • Helping others - See praying but taking me out of me helps. so dull but true
  • Health - The healthier i am the more positive. Not rocket science Nick is it so why do i abuse it?
  • Friday Night Lights - Oh god yes
  • Cross Training - Hurts but works
  • This blog - as above
That's all I've got people have a tidy weekend

Me
xx












No comments:

Post a Comment