Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 240 - Sunday 9th September - Day After the Night Before

Woke up to Another beautiful sunny day. It's the day after the Night before.

It's the end of the Paralympics (havent been into it like the 'Lympics), the end of the week long birthday celebrations, the day after the night before. It's definately got that 'last day of summer' feel to it.

I woke up buzzing. Lots of adrenaline. I've never been married but i'm sure your wedding day must be pretty similar. You are centre of attention and everyone comes to show love and then you party, have a great time and you never want it to end. Perfect for an alkie as it's all about You!

Is it possible to introduce a 40th birthday 'honeymoon', so you don't 'come down' after the the celeb rations but go away for 2 to 3.......months to wind down. Sounds good to me.

I had such a good time and of course you don't want it to end. It still continues to some degree as you get lots of messages of thanks & people post pictures up of the night. This is brilliant to self obsessed self centred vein bastards like me, loads of them had ME in them. And i know this is a real twattish thing to say but i reckon i look pretty good in the jumpsuit. Ridiculous of course, but good.

You can glory in the party from other people's eyes and relive it again with all the pictures, stories, videos. Thats where Facebook and social networking comes into it's own. Instead of waiting 2 days for some grainy pics from Pronta Print where you invariably always have red eye, you can pore through 100's of pics almost immediately.

Unfortunately (for me) nights like that are quickly forgotten as life moves on, but not to you. It's a bit like the marathon in that respect, where you want to keep talking about it long after people have forgotten. Bringing it up in conversation at any opportunity....boring people to death. There is usually a 12 hour 'reminiscing' period before time moves on. 'You know on Saturday.......YES' .'Did you see me dressed as.......YES'.....Move on.

I did have time though to go and check out my awesome cake from Sue and the gang. Incredible work of art with edible pictures of my life dotted around it and an Elvis on top. That truly is self obsession if you get to eat yourself on a cake (sounds pervy again i know) Then i laid all my cards and presents out. I havent had as many since i was a kid. Humbled.



I mean how lucky am i that i actually got 2 cakes. The other one Sarah got for me was truly outstanding. A totally delicious light sponge, white chocolate and fresh cream massive cake. It was devoured by everyone last night. I should imagine if sex was put into food form, that cake would be it. Orgasmic. It was bigger than Elvis in his final days. A collosal thing of pure beauty and class. it tasted amazing and my God 2 unbelievable cakes. A bulimics dream. Thank you Sarah and Sue (and gang)



There's me cutting the monster with Cher and Amy posing with big cheesey grins. Superb.

The weather was stunning and it had that last day of Summer vibe, i've noticed it getting darker in the evenings but i'm not wanting to think about the onslaught of winter just yet. The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, it makes me want to move my dancing feet. Happy today. Buzzing. Feeling positive about the future. Feeling good. How could i not after last night? Happy times.

One slightly amusing epidosde today. I went to the local park to do a work out. I'm big into cross training in the park at the moment. 100m sprints in between pull ups, chin ups, abs, press ups, burpees. Bastard killer 25 min workout.

Anyway i'm sweating up as i like doing it when the Sun is out at it's hottest & I'm walking back home, with my top off, sweat dripping, OK i'm looking slightly 'Mr September,' a bit gay, when the biggest hardest bloke with tattos everywhere comes riding past me on a bike. His face is proper hard and he's looking at me. He's got the sort of look which is usually a pre curser to eating the head off a hamster or something. I'm expecting the worst here.

£10 says he's going to shout some abuse or take the piss, as is usually the case in Isleworth. Then In a thick Irish accent as he whizzed past he shouted, 'nice body'. Stunned, all i could mumble was 'thanks'. I genuinely didn't see that one coming.

Maybe i shouldn't be quite so judgmental in my 40's?

xx















No comments:

Post a Comment