Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 89 - Friday 30th March

Mileage 7 - time 34 hours; Weekly mileage 12

Jesus Christ, running that 7 miles along the river at a pace similar to that of a French Petrol Tanker driver, was grim. The illness continues, the grim feeling continues. I got back from work at 5pm, it was sunny, it was beautiful, i felt like shit but i had to get out.

I trundled along the towpath getting overtaken by women with prams, mobility scooters, 1 legged ants and a tortoise on mogadon. I was slow.

Determined to do 7 miles though, which i duly completed in just over the time it took to build the Olympic Stadium. All the was my head was saying "stop". "Eat Haagen Daazs", but i continued and finished with both a sense of relief and satisfaction.

Not really sure what's wrong but i look dreadful. Bigger dark circles around my eyes than Jessy J. No colour, even the David Dickinson perma tan has drained and i look as healthy as John Prescott naked on the khazi. Grim.

I spent the night eating healthy, chicken and veg, only the 3rd time i have physically cooked this year, and avoiding diet coke, tea and those nasty little bastard things called sweets. MMMM, maybe that last sentence sums up why i feel so bad?

It is definitely a virus. A Bug, clearly mixed with my genetic structure and DNA has developed into a mutant super bug. The bug equivalent of Britain's Got Talent. Big, monstrous ultimately vacuous and leaves you feeling shit.

The night was spent watching the following. Panorama documentary about the Indian dude who allegedly had his wife murdered on honeymoon and is now Mentally ill and to ill to stand trial (Not as bad as my fucking illness though)

That was followed by Bruce Almighty, always good ill filmage, then by a Parkinson repeat from the 70's interviewing proper stars, in proper interviews that actually involved stimulating and interesting chat, not the endless bollocks of talk show hosts being ego manically talking about themselves and asking a load of empty meaningless dumb as fuck question pre agreed by the celebrities PR people before they get to promote what they are doing. Dull

Finally i ended up with a BBC4 interview with Noel Gallagher, who came across really well. Obviously gobby and full of himself but i reckon he deserves to be. Fair play. And he had a decent haircut for once.

Again, not exactly a rock n roll Friday night but as my Nan would say 'therewarthen' (in a welsh accent) and as my Uncle Ken would say 'and those on it there'.

That will always make me smile. His sentences simply mean nothing and are all made up. It's fab

NN people and please I'll be better tomorrow. I need to be, i feel like I'm trapped in a Radiohead song.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment