Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 85 - Monday 26th March

0 Miles - The day after the day before

Great news!! My Nan is home. She has been let out of hospital to be cared for at home. 73 years in the same house and all she has been focusing on has been getting home.

I spoke to her and she was so bubbly and happy. explaining she walked to the chair, got on the stairlift to go upstairs for herself. 96 years old, chronically ill and still full of spirit and determination. Unbelievable. A lesson to be learned.

Christ, makes my slight pains, niggles, stiffness and dog tiredness of the previous day's 20 miler insignificant. Left to my own devises i would have moaned all day long, though after hearing about Iron Nan, i felt better and full of admiration. Inspiration is a word banded around easily these days, but one can only admire her will. Plus of course her rock cakes and Victoria Sandwich.

However after yesterday's sugar binge rendering me totally knackered and yukky today on top of post long run fatigue, i won't be indulging in those for a while.

I've Decided to concentrate fully for next 4 weeks, to prepare properly. Eat well, cut right back on diet coke, caffeine and sugar again, rest well, stretch, run hard and put myself in a position to do my best. Oh and try and hit the grand mark on fund raising. God, a grand. Feel like i could hit alot more, but i have the feeling I've got something insane inside me to raise for the big one. cycle the world or run to the moon or something. I reckon i have a big one in me, but not yet sure what that will be. More will be revealed.

The only way to change is in action. I'm sure I've written that 456 times already in this blog!!! Secret is to do it, not write it. I shall keep you posted.

Big news of the day. Ironing boards are £96 in Homebase. What the fuck? £96. Now i've found another thing thats worth more than me. Who would pay £96 on an ironing board. re-goddamn-diculous. Even it is extra wide and non stick. i thought that was for frying pans. Man I'm out of touch with household goods. Baffling.

Fold out clothes horses were £50, Jesus that's 2/3rd's of me. A foldy metal thing versus a 39 year old Bucks Fizz lookalike, No contest in my eyes.

Back on the horse bloggers. I've realised I've been taking myself very seriously over the past 3-4 weeks, so back on track tomorrow. Healthy and happy please Mr Evans, and no more misery self obsessed guts thank you. Think of Iron Nan. In her words, "no-one likes a moaner". Mmmm, change needed. Clearly.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment