Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 64 - Monday 5th March

6 Miles (treadmill); 46 Min's (uber quick for me)

That was good marathon training tonight. A short, hard run. Quicker than my normal pace. Out of my comfort zone. Usually i run at just under 9 minutes a mile. Tonight i ran at just under 8 minutes a mile, or 12.8km speed on the treadmill.

Yes i know it was the treadmill (easier). Yes i know it wasn't that far (I have to quadruple that for le Marathon to go under 3hours 30mins. eek!) and Yes i know i was dressed as a big gay nonce doing it (all in one black Lycra triathlon suit)

But never mind. Point is i went outside my comfort zone for 1st time really. I am used to running 7 miles and longer at same pace. This really was 1st time i really pushed myself for a pretty long period and it felt good. Touch wood the injury holding up and feels good.

If I'm being honest though, the thought of going outside my comfort zone and putting in that much exertion for another 2 hours 30 Min's makes me shit myself more than Paula Radcliffe in Athens. Still one day, one run at a time huh?

News from the front line. Me Nan is weak but comfortable in Hospital, hopefully doctor will shed some more news tomorrow.

My friend is due out of hospital soon, though has contracted MRSA bug whilst in there. Must have been off that Cornish Pasty they served on Saturday. It looked like it had been excavated from a Cornish Mine. Grim. Ironic in hospital the most nutritious thing they serve up is a saline drip full of Vitamins. Maybe they should replace meal times.

Stayed home to 'work from home' today. Now, if I'm honest in the past 'working from home' has meant, run in morning. Homes Under the Hammer at 10am, followed by Bikram at lunchtime, back for bite to eat followed by Gym in afternoon, which was leisure reading the weekends sport in the papers. Then maybe cram in an hour or two of emails, whilst watching 'Cash In The Attic', followed by @Flog it' and then off to AA meeting at night.

Not sure if that is technically 'working from home', but it certainly made me think. How the fuck do you fit work into that? Impossible.

Though today, The TV remained off. Errands early morning and then i settled down to try to pick my way through the maze of digital media, blogging, Hootesuite, Twitter, Facebook, Powerpoint, Linked In. To write a sponsorship proposal for a company.

Jesus, my head was mush. I didn't know where to begin. Overwhelmed with it all. I drank 8 cups of tea, ate 4 tins of tuna, chewed 2 packs of gum and smoked 9 cigarettes. I didn't learn how to use all those other platforms properly for my various interests (Training, work, comedy, Personal training) but i did finish off the presentation and i did my 1st recording on Flip Cam  to add video to this blog.



Makes me laugh as it reminds me of being a kid and watching Football Focus and seeing all these 'hard men' football figures I'd only ever seen on TV kicking a ball, shouting, swearing, spitting. Interviewed 'at home' in dodgy jumpers and sitting on flowery sofas with porcelain figures and ornaments around them. Really suburban and clearly their missus has assumed control. My video reminds me of that.

Anyway, i digress. Another new learning tool so at least I'm keeping some parts of my original plan for this training programme. Not just for the marathon, but other things. I need to confront my fears and i am embarrassed to admit - technology and digital tools have frightened me so much i have just avoided them, or better still got someone else to do it. But finally, i am seeing the truth. The only way to get on and feel better inside is to do things for yourself and try to do them as well as you can.

There, that's a boring way to end of the blog. Now to have text sex with a Tranny.
(joking)


Night all

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment