Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 62 - Saturday 3rd March

10 Miles - Time 1hour 20 mins (quick for me) - Weekly mileage 20

So today was a good day. Meeting early doors and heard that my Nan is sprightly and feeling a bit better after being on a drip. She was demanding breakfast, so that's a good sign. Not sure she'll be fit for the Marathon though. That's touch and go. I keep threatening to wheel her round in the wheelchair but she's shown me short shrift on that one. Fingers crossed for her.

Then it was off to Barnes for a run. Thought of going long, but niggles and errands made me reconsider. Aim for lap of Le Richmond Park.

Ended up with a powerful pretty quick 10 miler. Ran to Richmond park, did a lap and then back again. 10 miles and powered around at certain points. Felt pretty good though the shin was sore afterwards so i'm going to have to wait and see if a long one is a good idea tomorrow. I really don't want to get injured again.

Highlights?
Ran past James Cracknell who was pounding out the miles. Didn't stop and heckle him though he looked pretty fierce. Last time i saw him was after the 2009 Marathon, when i totally fucked myself in doing 3 hours 40 mins. I was at the finish, my legs had stiffened like stale baguettes and i was trying to slip on my trackies whilst laying on the floor unable to bend my legs. I looked like a real dick.

Meanwhile Cracknell was being interviewed by the BBC in the media area, right above me. He's just done a 3 hour marathon and looked like he's walked down to the shop. As fresh as a daisy. Me? As fresh as week long kebab.

But today, i reckoned i looked stronger than him. Though the man is a machine, it was a good boost to see him.

Low lights?
Wearing some cycling shorts that were too tight and chaffed like buggery on my balls. After 45mins i felt like i had contracted syphilis. Jesus they were sore. Tingling and burning. Reminded me of that lap dancer in Bournemouth on Karl Matthews stage weekend.

How could i make such an error? It's number 1 textbook, don't wear anything tight on a reasonably long run. It felt a relief to finish and get the buggers off. It was like wearing a ladies thong all day under your clothes. You know all packed in and nowhere to escape. (So I'm told) A needless exercise and one to learn from me thinks.

Rest of the day was spent buggering around not really doing much at all. 3 hours to upload an item on EBay to sell. I'm a total div when it comes to digital things, though I'm committing myself to learn and keep at it. Just like the marathon. Bit of stretching at the gym, weights and sauna. Nice feed, bit of writing, DIY and tellie. Simple day, and in some parts of my head, a little boring. But well needed after the chaotic week.

Though speaking to others today, some people have had a miserable week. Terrible things happening, so I'm lucky. I have no problems. I'm pleased my v close friend is in hospital and recovering from the ulcerated stomach brought on by the alcoholism. Makes me sad to think of the pain she has been in (mentally and physically) and makes me angry too. Perfectly normal but weirdly contrasting emotions.

Today has been a little on the boring entry side. It can't be shits and giggles every time.

I'm getting feedback that when i talk about alcoholism my blog comes alive with passion and energy but when i talk about running it falls back to normal. Not sure if that's the case, but i can't rant every day.

My biggest addiction of the day? Cigs, diet coke, gum and XX videos.com. I must be getting better!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment