Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 69 - Battered Sausage & Chips

I had to be persuaded to write my blog tonight. If I'm honest I couldn't be arsed. It's 9pm, Sunday night, I've had 3 hours kip last night, I feel like eating the world. A blog is not high on my list of inspirational actions to do.

Yesterday was bizarre. I agreed to MC and Compere a charity dinner for a friend running the marathon for Action on Addiction. So I ended up driving to Salisbury and delivering an auction to 80 adults dressed as school children in the grounds of Salisbury Cathedral in a private girls school.

I'm not sure my opening gambit of, "I was 5th choice on the list tonight, unfortunately Stuart Hall, Fred the Weather Man, Freddie Starr and DLT were unavailable. Mind you, they would have loved this gig", went down too well. 50% laughed.

Still, it was good fun and I got them close to £3k on the auction so that was my bit done right? If I do that good turn for charity does that mean I can act disgracefully now on one occasion and it's even Karma? Does it work like that?

Anyways I have eaten my own body weight in grub today because I'm tired. So I'm cutting this short because I have to eat battered sausage & chips and watch Mission Impossible now. Nothing like preparation for a busy week. My body is not so much a temple tonight, as a alleyway next to a pub and betting shop.

Next week I'll work on health, but tonight. Unleash the swords of battered sausage! May we feast on saturated fat and #carbwank my lord.

That is all.

Together We Are Stronger

Nicholas Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment