Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 58 - Some awful news...

I found out some terribly sad news today.

A fellow member of AA, a guy whom I knew a little bit, hung himself last week. Tragic. Genuinely awful news.

I was going to write how powerful and terrible this disease of alcoholism/addiction is but somehow it seems inappropriate today. They would be empty words.

I know he had an estranged wife and little boy, parents, family and friends. My heart goes out to them tonight. My heart goes out to him. What pain and darkness you must be in to have such a violent death.

A tragic waste of a life. Another awful casualty of this disease.

RIP my friend. I pray for your soul and I consider myself just a little more fortunate that I'm not in that space. Many are. I wish I could reach out to those trapped in isolation and mental torture. It makes me sad and a little more respectful of the rapacious creditor. Addiction.

Don't suffer in silence if you are suffering. Reach out and share the truth no matter how painful, as Together We Are Stronger.

Nicholas Evans



No comments:

Post a Comment