Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 269 - Mon 8th October - Monday Procrastination

Awake. Pissing down. Dozed back off. Awake again. Pissing down. Welcome to Monday Nicholas Edward. Winter awaits.

Strapped on the trainers and headed out for a run. Actually enjoyed running in the rain. It was mild and peaceful. Freshens you up. The Thames and Richmond park were beautiful and i had the treat of overlooking the autumn view from 'The Terrace'. (The top of Richmond Hill where Jerry Hall, Pete Townsend and pretty much everyone who was big in the 70's lives)

The trees below spread out like Broccoli sprigs. The Thames flowed powerfully in the heavy rain, the skys looked a heavy grey which made the contrast of all the autumn colours in the trees stand out. It was a stunning site and so much better than Jeremy Kyle or 'Lorraine'. (since when did she become famous enough to drop the 'Kelly' from her title? - PS for all my American readers Lorraine Kelly is a distinctly average female 'Mumsy' wholesome presenter who has as much depth as a puddle.)

I had stuff to do on my business today including writing a business plan and doing some cash projections. It's not going to get off the ground without hard work and dedication. I sat at my laptop in my office (kitchen) and stared at the screen willing myself to do some work.

2 hours later, I'd bought a new pair of shoes on Ebay and watched the entire Richard Ashcroft 'Human Conditions' album on You Tube. Another partial success.

It was then time to go to the hairdressers for the quarterly blonding of my barnet. I love going to the hairdressers, In fact i love being preened and pampered in any way. I particularly love having my hair stroked, washed, played with. So the hairdressers is a real treat.

For years i had a grade 2 clipper cut. easy to maintain but made me look like a CID officer. These days i favour the slightly 80's 'Beckham' cut of short back and sides with big blond quiff. It's a bit Spandau Ballet or ABC if I'm being honest and I'm not wholly convinced. Oh how i long for a Weller or better still the Keith Richards/Rod Stewart cut. You know the classic 70's mullet, but my hair's too fine and i end up looking more like Rod Stewart's missus these days.

No I've gone for the neat quiff and people say it makes me look younger, which when you hit 40 can only be described as a bonus.

My usual hairdresser, a rotund Polish girl in V&G Barbers in Barnes wasn't available, (it;s well cheap and she's awesome) so i had to go to a reasonably poncy one in Richmond. Rush. A chain, but always stacked with fit girls. I was looking forward to getting undivided attention from one of them.

I hadn't booked so the only available stylist was Jason. An over friendly Asian chap with short hair and a goatee. What kind of stylist was this man? A blind one? This wasn't the way i planned it.

He banged all those foil things on the barnet and then i settled down for an hour of reading the paper and trying not to feel a total prick with my head full of foil highlighter things and black gown. There were lots of middle aged Mummies having exactly the same done as me. It felt like a coffee morning meeting although i was distinctly out of place.

Then it was to my favourite bit. Where i lean my head backwards over a weird shaped basin and get my hair washed. The junior assistant (code name for slave in hairdressing world) was Allaya. She was 19, incredibly big but beautiful face, She spoke like Vicky Pollard at 10 to a dozen and after she had fired out the rapid machine questions. "Where do you live, what do you do, are you married, do you have kids, have you ever been engaged." Blimey thank god she was only washing my hair i 'm not sure i could have kept up if she'd have been cutting it.

I learnt she was nearly a stylist, that she broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago because he was mean, still loved him and had 10 guys on the go at the moment.

She said she thought i was a model, which made me think she was angling for 11 on the go, so i cut a hasty retreat. £51, 2 hours and i had Blondie (ish) hair again.

The rest of the day was spent mostly avoiding any kind of work at all which i succeeded in doing absolutely to perfection.

Then an evening meeting for my medicine and i felt normal again. Human and ready for the week. Mondays should really be a 3rd day in the weekend. I may write to David Cameron and propose it. Apparently he's also a lazy sod at heart so you never know, i may get some joy

Have a good week readers. Working tomorrow so no time to procrastinate sadly.

PS - give me some blog topics for Tuesday. The winner gets a free mention and pack of mini pork pies from Aldi. You know you want too

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment