Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 131 - Friday 11th May - Where is the Time for Flog It?

Where is the Time for Flog it?

Alright bloggers? How you doing out there? Is anyone still reading this? Bored yet? God i hope not.

I'm going through a little dip and crisis of faith about the blog. It's been tough to fit it in this week as been pretty busy, worried because the focus of the marathon has gone, so has the focus of the blog? Am i being paranoid? Is it low self esteem? Gawd knows but it feels a little 'off kilter'.

I'm not going to stop it though. No way. It will be kept up for 2012 come hell or high water, even if no-one reads it - but just felt a little off this week.  I think it's because I'm a dreadful pantomime dame and need almost constant attention and when i feel a little 'out of it', i struggle. Centre of attention? Mois? Fuck yeah!

I awoke feeling pretty perky, I had some nice ideas for work, setting aside the massive responsibility of the stationary of course. It Got me excited and have some momentum, but not as excited as letterheads. They make me cream, but it was good to feel fired up nonetheless.

Then i had a meeting with another company about taking on some more consultancy work to do their marketing and also work on their sponsorship of a Formula 1 team. Nice! Not huge money but very interesting and definitely my bag. I was well excited.

It is rather ironic all these companies need digital marketing and social media and apparently I'm the one to deliver it. I haven't quite told them i haven't got a fucking clue. God knows. I better practice quick before they find out. I think my Nan would do better than me. Still love that old person's social networking site i had an idea for instead of Twitter.  'whitter'. Me likes alot.

I have to say Whilst it's great to win another contract for a day a week. And interesting work at that. The extra money will be handy. But I was genuinely horrified at the fact that with my other job in the city at 4 days a week. Add another day in Essex and Now i will be 5 days a week. Full time. Fuck me no. It;s a disgrace. I'm gutted. I'm genuinely a lazy bastard. if i could get away with doing fuck all and get paid for it i really would. I have in the past, but it;s looking like a i haven't a choice now.

Add in Comedy Chops, my monthly comedy club which i still feel i haven't done enough with yet, promoting it or performing in it. My other company (the one where we pay out lots of money and don't get any back kind of company. Unique) Therefzone, which will require lots of work on social media and promotion, oh god there it is again. Also i have been offered the Chelsea Theatre to start a new night. Where the fuck is the time?

How the f*** will i fit in Flog It? and Homes Under the Hammer? and Dickinsons Real Deal? My natural domain. Where will i fit in 'Shaven Asian Haven 32'? 'Top Bum 2' and 'Harry Plonker and his Dungeon of Doom'. I'm not happy.

Clearly god is having a laugh with me. Knowing full well I'm a lazy sod so throwing all this at me. At least i know if i screw up and 'slack', it's my fault. I can't earn money on the sofa, i can't grow a comedy club by not doing it. i can't grow a referee website by watching filth instead. And i can't learn social media if I'm doing other things online. It;s all my hands and if to goes tits up its on me this time.

Fuck. It's not fair. What happened to an easy life?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment