Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 46 - Thursday 16th Feb

Mileage 3.5 miles, Cycle 30 mins, Pull ups, chin ups, box jumps

I scrubbed out yesterdays blog, as i wrote it at 1am after a dreadful Comedy Night and head that was gloomier than George Osbourne's pants.

To cut a long and boring story short. It was a shotgun day, i mean by that is that i had a touch of the Cobain's. A dreadful comedy night sent my head spinning. Suddenly i looked at the celining joists in a different way. Head gone.

I think i felt uneasy all day and what little confidence i had was shot to pieces upon joke after joke being met with warm indifference by the audience, lots of glitches that i found toe curlingly embarrassing and a general air of people would rather be at home watching 'Celebrity Cash in The Attic', than at my Comedy Club. To be fair i would have joined them.

For me fun was zero. I think i finally lost the will to live when the lady on the front row started playing scrabble on her IPhone. She may as well have spelt out 'Loser' on her board, as that is what the head told me.

Being self conscious, joyless and too serious whilst racked and paralysing fear is not a great place to be when you are running a comedy night. Still i got through it eventually, the good acts papering over the massive cracks

Lets just call it a bad day at the office. Move on. No dramas just don't drink 3 bottles of Brandy and smash the gaff up.

I had a day off, so i was in the gym early doors. The only way to wake up. A 3.5mile run, 30 minute cycle whilst watching The Fall Guy and reading the paper, then loads of chin ups, box jumps, bastard jumps whilst watching Homes Under The Hammer. What could be a better start to the day. All i needed was Tessa Jowell to come in and give me a blozzer and my life would be complete.

So, training slowly getting back. I reckon another 3-5 days of shorter runs and then maybe try out a longer one.

All good in the end people. Survived, now where is that fucking scrabble board. Love that game

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment