Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 39 - Thursday 9th February

OK peeps, it's 12.30am Friday morning. I've just done a 14 hour day, just back home, it;s started to snow and guess what. I'm feeling chipper. Unbelievable.

No training of anything today. No time as full day at work and event tonight. Effectively loads of people standing around drinking and talking Rugby. (It was a 6 Nations Q & A networking thingy i organised for www.WelbeckGroup.co.uk where i ponce about as a Marketing Manager)

I met a guy who owns a chain of physio places in London, www.sixphysio.co.uk which was quite handy. They do running coaching, technique and is full of marathon runners, women physios who have done ironmen. I think i may try that as i am a 2 time Ironman, so maybe they'll 'do me'. Sorry.

I do need some good coaching tips and some quality training advice, so i will try that next week.

Building up to running again, i have my new trainers and inserts ready, though they will take breaking in, so i 've got to reign myself in and hold back a little. Looks like it could be the treadmill as more snow than China white is forecast.

That brings up the eternal debate - treadmill v Outdoors? Me personally it's outdoors all day long. Treadmill is no place to prepare for long runs, however i am told it is good to do short sharp runs and some intervals on treadmill in front of a mirror so you can check out technique and form. I get into lazy habits when i run long outdoors and that's when bad technique causes problems. I took note of said advice and look forward to ignoring it to my peril over the next few weeks as per usual.

That's it really today folks. Energy better today. Head reasonably clear, though a large does of low self esteem at the event tonight, though i put that down to alcoholic head syndrome. Par for the course sometimes.

Looking forward to my 6 hour 2 mile journey in rush hour tomorrow morning, No doubt TFL are getting their snow excuses in early. We shall see.

Hoping to get on a treadmill for a 3 miler tomorrow evening, though if I'm being honest i hate running for 3 miles, hardly seems worth it. Like ordering half a pint. Whats the point?

Still bring it on. Fingers crossed injury will be OK, trainers will fit my running feet and all will be groovy. Lets wait and see. Then we can all breath again and get on with our lives. The last 3 weeks has been painful but there is clear skies above finally and no Prozac was required.

Love n stuff

Me
x

No comments:

Post a Comment