Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 32 - Thursday 2nd February

Injured for next 7-10 days so little chance of mileage

Hello friends, feeling a bit of  a fraud writing this blog seeing as i don't consider myself in training at the moment, but hey ho.

Not sure if i can count withdrawing from sugar and caffeine as part of training, or indeed stretching or physio. Lets face it, it's pretty dull writing and indeed reading about that. Even Sebastian Faulkes may struggle on that one.

I could talk about training my head, cultivating a better attitude, developing more focus and positivity but i have to admit i feel that i have regressed this week back to pre xmas gloom. My head is not good this week, i feel pretty negative and feared up. The optimistic energetic 'bring it on' vibe i brought into 2012 has vanished. It's more Bring it down than Bring it on. I feel like Sky Sports after Transfer Deadline Day

I must work hard to get it back. I'm not sure if it is because i can't run, or if because I'm physically buggered, if it's the holiday glow gone, coming off caffeine and massive sweetener intake or the time of the year. Maybe it's a combination of all of them? Or maybe it's because i'm a great big sissy.

Point is, i need to get my shit together. It's imperative a maintain the upward movement of positive action. It seems that by doing good actions, my head catches up eventually. otherwise nowt will change

I hate going back to uninspired gloom, it affects everything from being at work, i was starting to really take an interest and enthused, to personal training - it even has a massive impact on writing jokes. The whole self doubt and criticism has become louder and then it gets in the way of writing as i criticise my thinking and am feared up. I just think that everything i write and do is shit and the self hatred becomes huge. It is then that the whole self destructive thing becomes so appealing.

It's no good and i hate it. So i will attempt to get back on track and maintain a positive mindset. Hopefully the energy and foggy head will lift and I'll be looking back at this time as 'character building'.

Bit of a gloomy entry today. Not much lightness or humour I'm afraid, my mood was worsened when i picked up the metro on a packed tube this morning, and the lead story was 'Commuters can catch New Flesh Eating Bug from sneezing'. Thanks for that Metro. Quality journalism. No sensationalism there. However judging by the bloke opposite me, looks like he's already had a dose. Frightening face and he had a wedding ring on, fair play to the little fella.

Spent the entire journey there and back snuggled deeply into my coat. May have to invest in one of those surgical masks the Chinese seem to wear all the time, trouble is it just makes me look like a rapist. And that is not a winning look in any ones language.

Onwards and upwards bloggers, here's to a steamy Bikram yoga class tonight and some more Raspberry and fucking blackcurrant infusion. GGGRRRRRRRR

NE
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment