Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 31 - Weds 1st February

Mileage 0 - 7 Injury

A new month and 2 days completed without diet coke, tea, sweetener (save for some gum) Boy do i feel like dog shit. Headache, groggy and weirdly my body and legs ache like Ive been running long every day. Is this connected? Surely not.

Disappointingly the Injury back to where it was last week. (Tendonitis is creaking when i move the joint) Probably should have had physio on it this week, instead of waiting to the weekend. Gutted and grumpy today

All in all quite a tricky day. Coming off that shit I've been putting in my body every day for 10 years is most definitely grim. Part of me agrees with people saying just stop it, stop making a fuss, get on with it. Other parts of me wants to make excuses about having an addictive personality. Part of me is embarrassed as it's a really gay addiction - I'll be buying small cute dogs next.

But it is what it is. It is me. It is something i must try to stick too and I'm banking on the horrid cloudy feeling to go and for energy to return in time for running again in hopefully 10 days or so.

Did the gym today and apart from lots of pull ups, weights other 'manly' gym stuff. I took a long time stretching out calves, hips and hamstrings. So boring, yet so necessary. Why is the stuff that's good for you the least attractive?

In the evening i attended my comedy writing course, and seeing as i was feeling grotty and grumpy. What perfect preparation for being in a comedy writing course.Full of people making witty jokes and bantering - my mood darkened. I proceeded to behave like a spoiled brat. My head took over and was engulfed in negativity and moodiness. I couldn't understand parts of it whilst all the others seemed to 'get it' and i just felt like a dunce and a total wanker. My 1st reaction when i feel like that is to go on the attack, lose my temper, be rude to someone, cause offence and storm off. I think i can chalk off 'mediator' from my job list.

It;s a shit way of dealing with things, luckily i just threw a bit of a tantrum and left without causing too much offence. I'm best off locked up at home in those moods. away from mankind. it kind of makes me realise why my ex girlfriend said, 'you're lovely Nick. Very funny, warm hearted but you're very difficult and I'm so pleased we are not going out anymore. You're alright in small doses. But don't take that the wrong way". Not sure how else i can take it really - but fair comment, i was prone to throwing Haslett and other assorted meat around the kitchen on occassions. I am a nightmare sometimes.

My mood was lightened a little on the way home, when i passed a place i will now adopt as my new place of worship. All my life I've been looking for a spiritual home. Finally my prayers have been answered. There it was, in all it's neon beauty. 'Tanning Temple' - a Mecca of tan. Now i can get my skin darkened and worship at the same time. All for 28p per minute. Genius.

I couldn't believe my luck, God is definitely looking out for me, as directly opposite The Tanning Temple, sat Rios Spa, the biggest swinging meeting place in London. Amazing. Great massage and their facials are something else.

So off i popped back to boring old South West London, looking up flats to rent in kentish Town. After all it's all about Location Location Location. I wonder if Phil and Kirsty were at Rios tonight?

It's all about physio and getting healthy tomorrow - itching to get back running

NE
x

No comments:

Post a Comment