Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 45 - Weds 15th February

Mileage 3; Time - all time in world; Conditions - treadmill; Weekly mileage - 3.5

Big news. Stop the press. Forget about double dip recession, austerity measures, Greek bailout, Binge Drinking Britain, Syria, the Olympics, Whitney, Duchess of Cambridge, Phil Mitchell being beaten up by his bird on Valentines Day.

Today world, i ran on a treadmill. 3 of the best of British miles. 4.8 beautiful kilometres. 27 priceless minutes. It felt good. It felt horrible, It felt and that was the main thing.

Injury felt OK, and followed by a 30 minute power cycle i was sweating like Ryan Giggs at a Family party. It was great to be back hurting myself in a good way.

Now my aim is to make this blog less hard to read, more joyous and a little lighter. The last month has been like a depressive who's run out of Prozac. A big month long sigh. Still I've learnt alot...i think.

So, here's to the rest of the training. Treadmill only for next week until i trust the injury more, get my head in the zone and a bit more determined to crack on.

It's also clear that the amount of readers is intrinsically linked to my fundraising. I noticed that so far i'm up to £30 raised and 12 readers. It's the sort of stats that effectively got Mick McArthy sacked from Wolves. Pretty disappointing if I'm being honest. Clearly work to be done.

It could be the world's least funds raised for the marathon. Man i bet the Charity are thanking their lucky stars i got involved. £30 should fund a pack of Golden Virginia and a box set of Auf Weidersen Pet for a recovering addict. Sorted.

And 12 readers of the blog. Well that's more fingers than I've got, so it's heading in the right direction. Having said that the past month has been like Eastenders on Valium, so i reckon i should be nudging 20 before the month is out. Simply colossal figures.

Bring on the morrow people. day off, gym, run, jokes, comedy club in the evening. It will be a great opportunity to practice developing a new attitude. I have not prepared one bit in the past and effectively blagged my way through. It's successful but I'm so nervous and then it goes well, I'm relieved after.

Tomorrow i will try and prepare and maintain a better attitude, lets see if i enjoy it more and relax. A full house is predicted. I see it the same as my marathon training, so it will be good to weave those together over the next 10 weeks.

See you Thursday my lovelies

toodle
x

No comments:

Post a Comment