Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 44 - Tuesday 14th February

Mileage 0.5miles; Cycle - 1 hour. Back on course thank god

Happy Valentines Day to all. I hope it was full of passionate sex, sensuality and sumptuousness. Mine was full of gas and wind. Romantic it was not.

I did have a hint of romance when a lady came and sat next to me on a jam packed tube, 'Hello' i thought as she kept looking at me, unfortunately she stank of Garlic and Onion Bhaji, so that was a bit of a killer. Plus she was only eying up the better seat i was in as opposed to hers by the door. Such is life.

Today was a bit of a struggle again. I'm not going to go on, as i bore myself, let alone you guys. But i didn't feel great physically so work was a bit of a grind. Head down and drive in Rugby parlance.

I managed to get into the gym late afternoon and to a 1 hour cycle. Felt good. I then tried a half mile run on the treadmill and leg felt OK. I reckon i shall cycle lots and run a little over next week to slowly build up.

I haven't been able to do anything for last month, let alone cycle or run, so it has really messed with my head. Not being able to do hard ass CV workout means i have not had the chance to burn calories, get my circulation pumping, get the adrenaline going, get a good sweat and feel out of breath bit clearer after a work out. I've missed it and i think it has really made my head a little gloomy.

No more, back on the saddle from today and will do my CV and circuits now and get the lungs and fitness going in time to start running. That's good news. As much as Bikram Yoga has really helped my muscles, i need hard ass workouts. Both physically and mentally, so i am pleased leg OK enough to try these. It's better than i imagined and feared it would be at the weekend. I nearly won't have a reason to moan soon.

Other news today was Duchess of Cambridge, or Kate visited the Action on Addiction Charity in Liverpool, where they have funded a non alcoholic bar and 'hang out place'. Massive publicity and credibility for the charity and means that people will now have heard what i am running for. That's a good thing plus i may get to bump into Pippa soon. I've heard she's dying to meet me.

The Duchess visited recovering addicts at the centre and listened to a choir made up of former addicts singing for her. I'm presuming it wasn't 'Smack my Bitch Up', though you never know with recovering addicts. Bet she was well stocked up and offered endless roll ups and tea and digestives though, she wouldn't have gone hungry.

That's it really. Valentines Day is over for another year. i did get a lovely card through the post this morning though. My appointment at the Chlamydia Clinic confirmed. Plus i sent a card to my ex girlfriend, even if it does break the terms of my restraining order. It's worth it for her.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the day, It does seem a bit hyped up. They do tell you to say it with flowers though. Roses from a florist means love, Chrysanthemums from Esso means it's over. Not sure which side of the fence i am on that one.

Head a bit better tonight, still no jokes today but feeling better after workout. Tomorrow i shall try and early gym session before work and get stuck in to the day.

Biggest smooches fellow bloggers - send me a message, a sign to let me know if you re reading it still. My lack of self esteem and chronic self absorbtion means I'm really not sure if you are?

It would be great to hear your thoughts on it and get some feedback.

Right I'm off to make one of those non alcoholic cocktails called the duchess. I've got my tissues and baby oil, but i think I'm getting the Middleton's mixed up?

Yours confusedly

Me
x

No comments:

Post a Comment