Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 27 - Saturday 28th January

Mileage 0 - 2 Tendonitis

Late to bed last night and was woken at 5am by the sudden urge to shit myself. (I made it to the appropriate throne) Couldn't get back to sleep, so looks like it's a 4 hour sleep day today. That has to be the worst opening sentence to a blog ever. Grim and apologies.

Physio came over at 7.30am, Kiwi Tom. Nice guy even if he does go on a bit. Still he knows his onions though which is always helpful when someone is yanking your body.

Professional opinion? It is tendonitis, it is treatable and i will not need amputation. Basically my glutes, hip flexors, hips, calves, ITB's, hamstrings, quads and lower back are tighter than the Scottish Parliament. This caused the left hip to tighten, which when repetitively run in every day on trainers that were older than my Nan, caused the bio mechanics in my body to change, thus buggering up the shin and ankle.

2 weeks total rest (apart from weights and yoga) and running within 2 - 3 weeks. I'm happy with that.It will give me 8 weeks solid training to marathon day. Not ideal and the 3 hour 30 min goal will be tight but it's a timescale and a plan i can work towards

He spent 40 minutes pressing his elbow into my hips, glutes and arse. Fuck me it was painful. I was screaming in pain. When i have a really deep massage or treatment on the tight points of my body i tend to develop tourettes syndrome. Man i swear lots and often.

Then he stripped the swollen shin, further agony and when he pressed elbows into the hamstrings and quads it was at that point i developed a new language. Christ, my pain threshold is low, i have no idea how women give birth. Respect.

After 1hour 30 Min's i wasn't cured. He said for my tight hips etc i would need about 7,000 sessions but 3 will have to do. I was given rehab exercises to do and will follow them, religiously when i can be arsed (every day really)

I spent rest of day stiff and with the sorest arse since Graham Norton, Louis Spence and Boy George had a 'lads night out'. Still no matter as long as it heals and helps.

Moved flat and went to Gym. Bang into my pull ups and using my own body weight again. Worked out whilst LFC beat Manchester United on TV which was Nice, but to counteract it England lost heavily in the cricket collapsing quicker than 911. Embarrassing.

It's 5 pm now, I'm knackered, I'm off to a meeting shortly and then a long kip. I am going to have to be totally boring tonight. Even the inspiration to write 5 jokes has deserted me. Running on empty, so it looks like meeting, movie and Mogadon for me tonight. Christ even my 65 year old mother has more of a social life than me at the moment. Sort it out Evans.

All in all more hopeful, less gloomy, i can see the schedule and will devise a training plan this week for next 11 weeks. As they say it really does help to have a plan. Never had one before in life, career, training. lets see if it will help

toodle for now

NE
x

No comments:

Post a Comment