Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 24th - Weds 25th January

Injured. No running - Mileage 0

Not a great day if I'm honest. Physically poor, tired, lethargic and well 'Candida' up. Struggle to get through the day. Low tolerance, zero concentration and dog tired. The hangover feel is back.

The buzz from Dubai and the running adventure is ancient history today and the head/attitude is back to where i left it before Christmas. Let's hope a good kip will bring it back.

Reading about marathon training and tendinitis and i feel more of an idiot before. Almost like i did beginner style training by running fuck loads of miles unprepared. I guess i was so influenced by the book i forgot about my body and equipment.

The 'experts' seem to suggest 2 weights sessions a week(haven't done any for weeks - i was doing tons of pull ups, push ups and cable weights before), fartleck, speed and hill sessions, along with right equipment, fuel and nutrition. None of that i do. i seem to get a buzz from clocking up the mileage and getting that 'nirvana' moment after 20-40 Min's of running.

Still, never a good time to beat yourself up when you're tired and down. Best to leave to one side and move on.

Did 20 minutes on 'the grid' which was still agony (even more as i know whats coming) and still felt like i was being pummeled by Fatima Whitbread's fist. Insert punchline here.

I was also recommended to go and see a Thai massage place in Earls Court. £50 per hour but not sure how much 'extras' are. Maybe i will find out over the weekend.

That's it really today - pretty dull. My mind was elsewhere. So much so that i ended up in Bethnal Green to do my weekly comedy writing course. Great if you wanted to go to Bethnal Green (home of The Krays) but terrible for my writing course as it was miles away in Kentish Town. My night was more Kuntish Town and i missed the whole course.

Couldn't wait to get home (can't face packing as I'm moving house at weekend), shut the door on the world and block everything out.

One of those days when all you can say. Get it over with and come back stronger tomorrow.

You can tell I'm off as today there were no jokes. Not even a smirk, you know you're in trouble when you take yourself so dam seriously. Maybe that should be my goal for tomorrow? Lighten up and keep it healthy

GGGRRRR

NE
x

1 comment:

  1. Guess what, I went for a jog walk jog this morning when it was dark and damp, and I enjoyed it, can't believe it myself, as its not really my knd of thing, so thank you Nick for inspiring me, looking forward to doing another jog walk jog walk tomorrow morning,
    Enjoy your rest and stretch, and good luck with the physio tomorrow.
    Don't give up with the writing, loking forward to what your day was like, could it be better than mine.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete