Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 87 - Starred Up and No more Diet Coke

Tonight I watched Starred Up. It is excellent. Usually the £13 to watch a movie these days is a rip off. Going to the movies is great but most of the films are essentially shit. But not this one. Not tonight.


Starred Up is a gritty British film that concentrates on a young man with huge anger issues who is 'starred up' from young offenders, to proper prison.


I won't give much away but what I can say is that it is brilliant. Brutal, real, beautifully acted, sharply written, dry as a bone, no fat on it. No attempt to make it 'cool' like some Guy Ritchie bollocks. This is proper British film making of the highest order. It explores race issues, family issues, pride, inability to express oneself, anger, anger at the system, procedures. Everything. I urge you all to see it.


Laptop still not turned up. There is no doubting, even 4 days later I consider myself to be a massive bell end.


On other news I received the results form my MRI scan on my neck today. I have chronic Osteochondritis in C6/7. Fuck knows what it is but I don't like the sound or feel of it.


I immediately went into panic mode and convinced myself I would have a life of misery, in pain every day and before long restricted mobility. I just knew I would be in a mobility scooter at 50. All my piss taking coming back to haunt me. My penance.


In truth I got scared. My degenerative dehydrated lower discs, this neck problem, fatigue issues and rotting teeth. How much more harm do I want to do? When will I give in?


The answer is right now. I stop diet coke. No more. It's most probably rotting my bones, kidney, teeth and guts. I am proper addicted but today I decided. Enough. No drama, no more on it as I've said this before but sod it. No more.




That's it from me today. I drank tons of water. Did actually work from home (though I did squeeze in an episode of Minder later in the day) and went to the cinema with my girl. Thankfully I didn't eat at anyone, I didn't piss anyone off, I didn't cause a fuss. I just sat there and watched the best British film for years. Go and see for yourself and get all Starred Up. You will not regret it.


Together We Are Stronger


NE





No comments:

Post a Comment