Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 95 - Thursday 5th April

Mileage 5 - Time 40 minutes; Weekly Mileage 12

Woke up with a spring in my step. Why? Could it be the fact it's a long weekend ahead? Could it mean I'm off down to Wales soon to see my Nan and family for 'The Only Way is Llanelli'? Could it be because i am back running and eating healthily? Well, maybe, but in truth i think it's because i did 2 of my best blog posts yesterday and feel proud and pleased with my writing.

Not because it's amazingly superb, more because i was true to myself and put some effort into it. Certainly makes me feel that maybe i have a little more going for me than Work and sleep. It gave me an inner positivity.

I also got some groovy posts about the blog from people. Thank you for that if it was one of you, and thank you for reading this if it wasn't one of you. I appreciate both. Good to know that people laugh, cringe, cry, hate and love it in equal measures. Good to provoke a response.

And so Easter approaches. Always an emotional time for me, as i always try to set the world Easter egg eating record. I'm going for 345 double Decker eggs this time. Only a fiver from Aldi.

Not really, Easter is a big time for everyone right? A celebration of rebirth. New life. A Christian Religious celebration. For me it is especially pertinent. My father died 3 years ago on Good Friday. A sad alcoholic death. (Not that he was arrogant or special and different but he was born on Christmas Day and died on Good Friday) and on Easter Sunday 2001 i walked into my 1st AA meeting realising i had a real problem with alcohol. So for me it is a mix of emotions.

After decent day at work, buying Choc eggs for the girls, i went to the gym for a short swift run on treadmill (save my feet n legs) and churned out 5 miles in swift time (for me) Then onto a meeting, so today I'm keeping it well simple and I'm happy.

Roll on Easter, it shall be an interesting time

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment