Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 108 - Weds 18th April

Mileage 0 (though 40 minute cycle and core exercises) - Weekly Mileage 0

OK it's getting closer. You can almost smell the Vaseline now. 4 days to go. EEk!

I'm pleased to report the Letterhead drama was dealt with. The UN didn't need to be called in. Sky News were stood down. The world still turned. Phew.

As the day progressed i felt better, lighter, more energetic and chirpier. The only down side was that i had to stay at work until 6pm. Jesus. What a fucking cheek. It's a total disgrace. I mean, how dare they make me work for my money. Wrong.

The weather was the big talking point today. Thunderstorms, heavy rain, 60 mile an hour winds and giant Hailstones predicted. Sounds like the inside of my head. Christ.

Giant Hailstones? Blimey, best wear tin hats on the way home. I'm picturing hail the size of cannonballs. That's giant to me. If they are the size of gobstoppers then technically that's not giant. That's big. Having said that I can't wait until it rains gobstoppers, though It's Good job my LSD days are well behind me (Sorry Nan) otherwise I'd be in a world of pain.

The afternoon was spent cross referencing an excel spreadsheet of advisers at our firm with the FSA (or Financial Services Authority) register of accredited advisers. It took a while, but i was literally loving it. I thought of all my heroes. Slash, Bill Hicks, Richard Burton, John Thaw, Jimmy Hendrix, Barry John, Bodie & Doyle. I bet no amount of birds and booze they got through  wasn't a patch on my excel spreadsheet. Fuck em.

I thought of all my hopes and dreams when i was a kid. Actor, singer, comedian, Star. I was humble even then. And i thought to myself, 'where the fuck did it go wrong?'

I mean, don't get me wrong, i love Excel spreadsheets. When you nail a tidy one and learn formulas it fucking rocks. I mean Carol Voderman would have been literally creaming herself at my (F1 x Z2:bc5) formulae. But 3 hours on a Wednesday afternoon?

I know my old man drank himself to death in a lonely alcoholic way, but that even looked more appealing than this. I contemplated rope or hosepipe as the answer to this Excel induced gloom, but decided i should finish it off and laugh at the absurdity of it. Better call.

Stationary one minute, Excel spreadsheets the next. I'm a laugh a fucking minute. The rebel without a ring binder. Wild Man of Rymans. King of the Hole Punch! I literally cannot wait to see what's next. Bring it on? Sage accounting? Purchase ledgers? I'm semi hard at the thought already.

In the evening i actually made it to the gym this time. To save the legs i did a light 40 minute cycle whilst watching Chelsea rob a ridiculous victory over Barcelona. it was like watching a Playstation match. Fair play to Chelsea. I'm actually pleased for them, but man it was like watching Jordan and Pippa Middleton in a bitch fight. Having said that, not a bad idea..mmm?

And then i did some exercises crucial for Sunday's big run. Last minute exercise that could make all the difference. Crucial to my whole strategy for Sunday.

I went for the pull ups, chin ups and isolated bicep curl to get the guns ripped and in tip top shape. If I'm gunna go gay Lycra, the pipes need to be chiseled. No point in having tight Lycra and look like simon cowell.

I will gauge on Sunday to see how i feel before deciding on strategy. By that i mean what i wear. I mean lets be honest I'm not a scientifically honed athlete. I may look great but i don't exactly follow a traditional 1gram of Carb for ever 12lb etc. Fuck it i just eat what i thinks right. Now in the past 2 weeks I've been eating loads more than i usually eat and lots of carby stuff. i haven't run much so consequently I've put on around 3kg's and feel heavy and slow. Not the right condition for the gay lycra. I am not going to follow previous Year's mistakes and eat sod all, i will load up, but will have to make a last minute decision on Sunday on strategy. I mean what other chances will i have to muscle the pipes to half a million people of a Sunday afternoon? It's a dilemma

I still love the 'pulling off' end to yesterdays blog. was proud of that one. I can't match that to end today's blog but i still think they are alot better than when i began. (That's not me looking for outside affirmation from you massaging my ego saying yes Nick ,they are, you self absorbed sod. - that's a statement)

So it's all heading in the right direction, whatever the hell that means

Until tomorrow groovsters. Comedy Night. Eek. No material again! Will:i:Ever:learn

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment