Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 100 - Tuesday 10th April

Mileage 0 - Weekly Mileage 6 miles

Blimey. The 100 is up. A century. A ton. A oner. One hundred days writing this blog. Three and a bit months. What is 100 days? It's a prison sentence for fraud, drunken driving or exposing yourself in a cinema, repeatedly. It's a commitment to AA (90 days but who's counting) It's a Dukan Diet, It's the time it feels watching 'Titanic'. It's quite a long time.

I'm pleased to have kept it up. Usually in cricket when you reach one hundred there is a loud round of applause then you buy a jug of strong lager and everyone gets pissed. Today i celebrated my century with a loud round of yawns and a jug of strong coffee and everyone talked of getting pissed. it was an AA meeting.

I am well chuffed i have kept up the blog, OK i haven't achieved some of my training goals and a sub 3 hour 30 marathon is looking unlikely, but i have enjoyed the process and discipline, freedom and cathartic experience of writing. I have had some really nice comments too, so that is a bonus.

Today was back to work after Easter, the South West Line was looking like one massive sugar hangover, as people squeezed into their suits and work clobber after indulging in a mass choc binge. I relented all weekend until i collapsed and ate 3 Easter Eggs last night. Shame they weren't the size of  Dolly parton's knockers and if I'm being honest Thornton's eggs were average. I think Thornton's is a little like Keane. Popular, well known but massively overrated. Doesn't quite cut it for me.

Still, i wolfed down the egg in around 8 seconds. I eat like a dog. It's horrific. Especially when you live on your own. Going out for dinner with a human being is tough as you have to relearn everything. I mean a first date, somewhere classy and romantic, you know like a Harvester. It's not a good look to start licking the bowl is it? Behave Evans.

I'm also a total animal when it comes to Ice Cream. I literally cannot wait to get home after buying Haagen Dazs and start licking the top of it in the street like I'm chowing down on someone. It;s disgusting and i get so many strange looks off people. Especially as i have white ice cream dabbed all over my nose and face like I've just been Maid of Honour at Gay Pride. It's not a look FHM will be pushing this summer.

Wasn't feeling the training tonight, so hit a meeting instead. I think day on, day off will be sufficient with a longish run this weekend. Eat well next week and rest and then it will soon be the big day.

But what then? Shall i stop writing? Well i have thought about it and i reckon I'm going to continue the blog, maybe change the name, put it on it's own domain, not Google, to make it easier to comment. I think it will be a good discipline for me and if i aim to do it for the whole of 2012 it will be great as it will take in my whole 40th year, Olympics and provide a snap shop of a year in my life. Who knows i may even bag an article or column somewhere. Preferably in 40 +. (for those of you who don't know what sort of publication it is, you don't want to know. Put it this way, it's not Bible esque

Until tomorrow Peoples

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment