Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 138 - Adrian Chiles' Came Toe and Am I Too Public?

Short blog today.


Colombia v Uruguay is on in 14 minutes. I'm currently reeling at the site of Adrian Chiles in shorts and flip flops on my TV at the moment. What on earth are ITV up to? 4 middle aged men in ill fitting beach wear presenting a World Cup finals match on prime time Terrestrial TV. Have they gone mad? I can see Chiles' camel toe as he sits down, legs open facing the camera. It's offensive.


We all know that British just don't do beachwear. It doesn't look right on us. Loose fitting baggy shorts, deck shoes and pastel coloured polo shirts that show off the man tits nicely. No, No, No.


British guys tend to look lost on the beach. Especially in Brazil where everyone is just horny in their beachwear. Even the fatties. It's a different mentality and feel to the place. You place a 40 something British tourist in that and they look like extras from a Primark advert.


So what on earth have ITV done in placing Chiles' camel toe live on air? Jokers.


Anyway my quick blog entry is 'am I giving away too much on this blog?' - I've had pelters from people close to me and members of my own family about 'washing my dirty linen in public'. Makes me think. I talked about my relationship, my own problems, my head and personal circumstances. Is it too much? Should I actually be doing it at all?


I get the whole modern culture of sharing everything on social media. It's pretty grim when people do that. No privacy, intrigue and lots of narcissism. Look at me. Look at me!!!


So am I just following this mass exodus into public sharing of personal lives for my own esteem, ego and narcissism? Is it OK to share your life on a blog?


I guess talking about others is off limits. Save for brief mentions about circumstances. But really it's about me, my head, my alcoholism, my daily observations on my ego and how it affects my life.


So I guess I'm doing the blog for a reason. Not just because I want to share every area of my life, because I don't. There's a lot more I could say and I'd really like to but I hold back for respect of other's in my life.


I suppose sometimes I forget this isn't a share in a meeting, which is what I intended when I started. A meeting is anonymous and left in the room when you share. I forget people read this blog and then make up their own minds about my life, me, people they may know or the topics I cover.


So it has made me think, do I continue to do it? Has it lost it's legs? Is it honest? Is it credible? Am I exploring the topics I set out to?


It's made me question a lot today and if I'm honest, the game is starting, you're probably wanting to watch that or Glastonbury and i'll be fucked if I got any answers to these questions. If you do feel free to share with me. After all, we're all in it together


Nicholas E Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment