Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 47 - Is it any wonder i drank?

  • Today, on the way to work many of the trains were delayed due to flooding in Surrey. There were few announcements.

  • The commute was packed, many people were losing their temper and getting stressed out. (I think it's because they didn't have room to get their Ipad's out)

  • I read in the paper that average house prices in London will increase by 22% over the next few years. The article also said most houses are now unaffordable for 1st time buyers and many communities have been destroyed due to wealthy foreign buyers. The concept of community in London was becoming a thing of the past. It also said that most people paid an average of £400,000 rent in their lifetime. I rent and haven't bought yet. I'm 41.

  • It rained (again) and I found out my work shoes are not waterproof.

  • This evening I watched a programme on the Chinese economy. It essentially said they are on the verge of meltdown due to continued borrowing. That the world economy is fucked and the rate of borrowing continues to rise beyond what we actually produce.

  • On Facebook I read an article about a professor claiming the extreme weather conditions are due to global warming and that the climate will be completely fucked in 30 years.

  • My girlfriend was in an iffy mood.
Is it any wonder I drank.

Thank God for sobriety.

We are making a good job at ballsing up our earth though by the looks of it.

Tired.

Together We Are Stronger

Nicholas Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment