Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 189 - Sunday 8th July - F1 sucks + Murray tears

My first F1 weekend. A whole weekend dedicated to the British GP. Was it the glitzy glamourous experience i imagined? Well If you condsider walking 2 miles to the track through traffic and mud, then another 2 miles inside Silverstone through small ponds to sit in a seat for 2 hours and occassionally see fast cars go round and round and round, then yes it was everything i could have imagined and more! All i can say is thank fuck for wellies. I officially love them. Havent been so pleased to wear rubber sincei  met that lapdancer on Karl Matthews stag.

The mud was so horrific, cars were stuck, 4x4's rendered useless. Even Mobility scooters were abandoned;



There was no sign of the owner, though it was parked opposite a bar and Chip Van, so no doubt they were tucking in. I know i shouldn't but i hot wired it and used it to get around the site. In fact, i would have rather seen them race these little puppies round the track. I think that would have made for much more fun than F1.

Obviously i'm not into the 'sport', so for me it was genuinely dull. I walked for 3 hours, and sat watching for an hour before i got bored. So i ventured out to explore. The best i could come up with was an information tent and Burger van. Facilities and entertainment were sparse, Thrilling it was not. In fact it was so thrilling i got chatting to these girls;


I knew how they felt.#yawn

We were away by 4pm just before the end, missing some bloke in a red car being overtaken by a bloke in a blue car to win the race as all the other cars went round and round in various orders. People seemed to clap and cheer when a McLaren car went by, although as the noise was the same as putting your ears in a jet engine, i'm not sure if the drivers would have heard.

I felt left out, as i appeared not to have anough logos and badges on me, or be permanenetly chowing down on some chips or fried food. I got by.

I felt somewhat guilty that i had taken up a ticket, that a true fan would have been so grateful for. Still fuck em, in my opinion all motor sports fans are weirdos, I'm not going to sway from that viewpoint. And don't get me started on the money.

It's vile. A rich mans cock extension. £3 million just to transport the equipment to the races. £100 million average budget per year per team, average £1million plus to get a logo on a car, and for what? Bernie Ecclestone has developed it into a global brand - but what is the actual F1 brand? It's fucking nonsense thats what. A few inner circle ultra wealthy people and companies literally pissing money away whilst the rest of us 'consumers' or as the rich like to call us 'tossers', look on and get sucked up by this mass commercial consumer product. Just like Premier League football. It has no soul. it is a moving Pound note or Euro or dollar.

It sold it's soul a long time ago and in an age when people go without, get sick or die, the vast displays of wealth is pretty ugly. It's not even fucking interesting. If you're lucky at the track you may see someone overshoot a bend. Fuck me. Kill me now please. I know it;s horrible to say but we love a good crash. In the old days when they used to race with fuel tanks under them with few barirers just a couple of hay bails for protection, and people crashed and injured themselves made for gripping viewing.

Plus back then all the drivers smoked whilst driving, snorted cocaine on the grid off the dry tyres and screwed the pit girls mid race. They all had big sideburns and developed strange addictions whilst driving fucking quick. I'm sure the current drivers are all really nice people but fucking hell, they are so fucking dull. Effectively corporate whores slepp walking between sponsors events, logoed up. Dull. I'm never going back.

Well i say that, unless i get VIP hospitality so i don't have to walk, get dirty, move, go outside or mix with the peasants. Plus thats where all the big cheeses hang out. I'd be more than happy to be hypocritical and turn my back on my moral compass only to sell out for crumpet and chocolate mouse. Afterall this blog is mostly taking the piss. I'm not Andrew Marr or Liveaid. 

Got back to London in good time, just to catch Murray lose to Federer. Radcial change in public perception for Murray as he cried his eyes out in his speech afterwards. He was humble, gracious and had a touch of class. Unusual for a Scot but fair play to him. I hate Federer though. He looks like the kind of guy who would toss off over pictures of himself. Smug but class.

I then reluctantly drove across London to Camberwell to attend my neice's Engagment party. Such is the level of my selfishness and gloomy self absorbtion that i so didn't want to go. Just like the British GP. Then, When i hit massive traffic Jam at the Oval i got stuck behind a Tranny with a big end. Not the first time this has happened but this time i got away.

When i got there i was so pleased. She was so happy and grown up and it was a lovely moment. I melted and became human and felt good. Ahhhhh isn't emotion lovely?  What a lovely way to end a weekend. Love and emotion instead of my miserable F1 moan. Ahhhhh sweet!


F1 still sucks though bloggers

xx











No comments:

Post a Comment