Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 160 - Checking In........A Quicky

23.51pm. Monday. Busy day. Tired. Up early tomorrow for more of the same. Can't be arsed to write. So I'm writing.

Dull, slow day. Couldn't get going. Not inspired and quiet rumblings of being overwhelmed.

When I feel like this what do I do? Do I role my sleeves up and get stuck in? No of course not, I want to constantly distract, put off, procrastinate and do other more pleasurable pastimes. Like smoke and text. Tragic really.

I didn't of course, I lasted the day but couldn't work it out. I felt pretty fresh and chirpy this morning but sometimes when I enter an office it drains my spirit, creativity and productivity. I must arrest this immediately. I'll put it down to Monday Blues.

I had a top weekend. It was Man Club Weekender Number 3. 4 old school friends, 1 static caravan and a chemical khazi. Recipe for disaster.

We went to Lyme Regis for fossil hunting. The Jurasic Coast and it didn't disappoint. Beautiful sweeping runs along the cliffs, stunning coastline, wide open expanse, fresh air (apart form in the caravan) and loads of fossils 190,000 million years old.

It was the annual man club weekend retreat, where old school friends get together to put me off getting married and having kids. I loved it.

It made me realise I HAVE to be by the sea. I have to get down there often. I felt free, calmer, more relaxed and happier, particularly on stunning coastline. Love it.

I went to an early meeting in the tiny Lyme Regis and bumped into 3 people I knew. I ran 20 miles over the 2 days along the cliffs and had quality time with old mates. What more can I want?

Maybe that contributed to my lack of focus and drive today. We shall see tomorrow.

Until then readers. Today's blog is an exercise in doing something you don't want to do. Write. Granted, it is dull and barely hits 3/10 on blog quality but this one is more for me readers. Not you. Told you I was a selfish bastard.

Nicky Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment