Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Procrastination 1 - Productivity 0

It's a short blog today. Procrastination won. I didn't.

Try as I might (which wasn't very hard) productivity proved rather elusive.

Granted I didn't feel very well. This dam Virus/Nose/Chest/Throat thing was bad. Energy low. Seems I have a good day or two and think it's going then it comes back. The clinger.

But I had some energy. I could have done SOMETHING productive. ANYTHING?!!!! Surely Nicholas?!! The most productive thing I did today was send two bloody poxy measly emails. That's it. Two!! The took a grand total of 5 minutes. What the bloody hell did I do for the other 1435 minutes? (There are 1440 in a day) and why is procrastination so bloody attractive?

Let's take a look at today's schedule;

7am - Wake up. kitchen. Water and lemon. Cup of tea. Back to bed. Unwell. Bugger around on phone
8am  - Get up. Go downstairs. More tea and water. Medication. Bugger around on phone
9am -  Bugger around on phone. Must do morning prayers, readings, meditation and list for the day.
10am - Buggering around on the phone
11am - Morning prayers and list. Cross off morning stuff.
11.30 - shave hair and self haircut. Bored of myself.
12pm - Send two emails. 5 mins productivity. Reward myself with...
12.05pm - Bugger around on the phone. Tea. Constantly think about nose and chest.
1pm - sunbed - figure Vitamin D will help.
1.30pm - Gym. Stretch and core for back. Light weights for vanity. Sauna and steam with heavy Vics application. Phone not allowed in sauna. No buggering around on phone.
4pm - home - Bugger around on phone
5pm - phone call
6pm - Arrive at indoor cycling studio to teach
7pm - Teach cycling class
9pm - home - Write blog.
10pm - Bugger around on phone.
12pm - Bed.

Not a lot of productivity there is there? 1440 minutes. I could have begun a book. Applied for 20 jobs. Studied for level 4 Personal Trainer. Learnt a language. Although on the positive side;

  • No daytime TV
  • I am ill so I've got to cut myself some slack
  • I taught a spinning class
  • I sent an email directly asking for some work, perhaps (steady Nicholas)
  • It's only a day
  • I can do differently tomorrow.
  • I wrote a blog.

Procrastination is a bastard and I come from a long line of procrastinators. It's one of my Achilles heels. The definition is - The action of delaying or postponing something.

Well, what a god send being ill for ages is. It means you actually have a Freedom pass to postpone life for a while. Justified procrastination.

When you have the Noro or flu you honestly cant to anything. But when you have some energy you can think and do. Then it's gone beyond ill resting. It's pure procrastination then.

But why procrastinate? Well, that's for another blog. But I suspect it's self centred fear and sloth combining together to keep the 'lower self' happy.

It's easier to put shit off and say or even think your going to do it than do it. Or do a part of it and reward yourself with several hours of doing fuck all. Or put your mind to something else completely irrelevant instead of productivity. If I would have invested an eighth of the time in writing as I have in chasing women or sex I would be on my 89th novel by now. Ridiculous. It's a complex topic and I'm a master practitioner. I will explore in more depth in another piece.

But just for today, it's 10pm. I've had a busy day and i'm so tired. This procrastinating business is exhausting. I'm off to bugger around on my phone.

The secret to happy life is to do the polar opposite to me today. No phone. No digital. Meditate, hot water and lemon and sleep. Will I do that now? What do you think........

Night everyone

TNE

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment